I want anyone seeking help from my web site or myself personally to know my history, knowledge and my ability, so with that in mind I feel its important to add a page with some background information for you.
Most importantly, I suffered Anxiety, Panic attacks, Panic Disorder, Agoraphobia and Social Anxiety Disorder as well as Clinical Depression, over a twelve year period. I have been through most thoughts, symptoms and body sensations relating to the conditions that I suffered as well as a number of treatment options before I learnt to reverse the cycle for myself. I now feel I can offer the benefit of my own experience to help other people gain the knowledge, confidence and commitment required to begin to facilitate their own recovery.
However I do also take study very seriously and hold or am studying towards appropiate qualifications for my work, please see as follows:
- I am a Trainee Counsellor in my final few weeks of studying my Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling, I work on placement Counselling adults, children and young people with a wide range of emotional difficultly and mental health conditions. My placements are:
- In primary school supporting children aged 4 years and upwards
- Working within a Sue Ryder Hospice supporting families who have lost a relative, families who may lose a relative and clients with less than 12 months to live
- I also work within a Counselling agency seeing client's with a broard spectrum of emotional and mental health difficulty.
- I have over 200 practice hours completed.
- I Hold my Level 4 Diploma in Counselling Children (Obtained with Place2be with relevent practice hours)
- I hold a Diploma in Child and Adolesent Counselling
- I hold my ABC Awards Level 2 certificate in Counselling Concepts
- I hold my ABC Awards Level 3 certificate in Counselling Skills
- I am a Qualified Life Coach and hold my Level 3 Certificate in Life Coaching
- I hold the Safeguarding Level 1 Certificate (Care of children and vulnerable adults)
- I hold the Safeguarding Level 2 Certificate (Care of children and vulnerable adults)
- I hold my prevent training Certificate
- I am a industry ABPI Qualified Medical Representative with 20 years experience in a number of therapy areas
- I am DBS Checked and Fully insured.
Further study in my quest to help others is always beneficial, I am also currently studying the following:
- Neuro Lingustic Practitioner
- Neuro Lingustic Master Practitioner
*Please note I am not a doctor and so any medical advice must be gained from your own Doctor or medical professional*