I want anyone seeking help from my web site or myself personally to know my history, knowledge and my ability, so with that in mind I feel its important to add a page with some background information for you.
Most importantly, I suffered Anxiety, Panic attacks, Panic Disorder, Agoraphobia and Social Anxiety Disorder as well as Clinical Depression, over a twelve year period. I have been through most thoughts, symptoms and body sensations relating to the conditions that I suffered as well as a number of treatment options before I learnt to reverse the cycle for myself. I now feel I can offer the benefit of my own experience to help other people gain the knowledge, confidence and commitment required to begin to facilitate their own recovery.
However I do also take study very seriously and hold or am studying towards appropiate qualifications for my work, please see as follows:
- I am a qualified Therapeutic Counsellor with a Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling. I work in private practice and I am based in West Yorkshire.
- I am a qualified Children and young people's Counsellor with a Diploma in counselling Children and Adolesants as well as a Level 4 Certificate in Counselling Children. I work with children and young people from aged 4 and up.
- I work as a children and young persons Counsellor at a Sue Ryder Hospice in West Yorkshire, supporting children and young people through loss, grief and bereavement.
- I also lend my support as a volunteer counsellor working with adult clients within the hospice working with families pre and post bereavement as well as clients who have been given a terminal diagnosis.
- I also volunteer within an additional Counselling agency seeing client's with a broard spectrum of emotional and mental health difficulty.
- I hold a Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- I Hold my Level 4 Certificate in Counselling Children (Obtained with Place2be with relevent practice hours)
- I hold a Diploma in Child and Adolesent Counselling
- I hold my ABC Awards Level 2 certificate in Counselling Concepts
- I hold my ABC Awards Level 3 certificate in Counselling Skills
- I am a Qualified Life Coach and hold my Level 3 Certificate in Life Coaching
- I hold the Safeguarding Level 1 Certificate (Care of children and vulnerable adults)
- I hold the Safeguarding Level 2 Certificate (Care of children and vulnerable adults)
- I hold my prevent training Certificate
- I am a industry ABPI Qualified Medical Representative with 20 years experience in a number of therapy areas
- I am a registered member of the British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP)
- I am DBS Checked and Fully insured.
Further study in my quest to help others is always beneficial, I am also currently studying the following:
- Bsc Honours in Therapeutic Counselling
- Neuro Lingustic Practitioner
- Neuro Lingustic Master Practitioner
*Please note I am not a doctor and so any medical advice must be gained from your own Doctor or medical professional*