I want anyone seeking help from my web site or myself personally to know my history, knowledge and my ability to support people whom are anxious. With this in mind I feel its important to add a page with some background information for you relating to my qualifications.
Most importantly, I have personal experience of anxiety, panic attacks, Agoraphobia and Clinical Depression. I have been through most thoughts, symptoms and body sensations relating to the conditions that I suffered as well as a number of treatment options before I learnt to reverse the cycle for myself. I feel I can offer the benefit of my own experience to help other people gain the knowledge, confidence and commitment required to begin to facilitate their own recovery.
However I do also take study very seriously and hold or am studying towards appropiate qualifications for my work, please see as follows:
- I am a qualified Life Coach and and registered (BACP) Therapeutic Counsellor. I work in private practice and see clients with a broad spectrum of emotional and mental health issues.I am based in West Yorkshire, UK.
- I am a qualified Children and young people's Counsellor with a Diploma in counselling Children and Adolescents as well as a Level 4 Certificate in Counselling Children. I work with children and young people from aged 4 and up.
- My Qualifications are listed below:
- Level 3 Certificate in Life Coaching
- Bsc Honours Degree in Therapeutic Counselling
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Level 4 Certificate in Counselling Children (Obtained with Place2be with relevent practice hours)
- Diploma in Child and Adolesent Counselling
- Level 2 certificate in Counselling Concepts
- Level 3 certificate in Counselling Skills
- Safeguarding Level 2 Accredited
- Safeguarding Level 3 Accredited
- Certificate in working with couples
- Training in working with Nightmares and Dreams (Trauma)
- Diploma in Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Awareness
- Working with LBGT Clients
- Prevent training Certificate
- I am a industry ABPI Qualified Medical Representative with 20 years experience in a number of therapy areas
- I am a registered member of the British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP)
- I am DBS Checked and Fully insured.
Further study in my quest to help others is always beneficial, I am also currently studying the following:
- I am currently in the process of training in Clinical Supervision and am looking for Supervisees. If you are a Counsellor, Social Worker or Nurse and are currently looking for a clinical Supervisor, I am seeing Supervisee's at no cost during my required practice hours towards my qualification. I am currently working online however, can return to face to face once UK restrictions are lifted.
- MA (Masters degree) In Understanding Domestic Violence and Sexual Abuse
- Shadow Therapy
- Art Therapy
- Neuro Linguistic Practitioner
- Neuro Linguistic Master Practitioner
- *Please note I am not a doctor and so any medical advice must be gained from your own Doctor or medical professional*